(Managers/ Assistant Managers)
This workshop is designed to offer a telling glimpse of the labour laws applicable for plantation sector in Sri Lanka and how best they can be used to manage, facilitate and enhance industrial relations in the plantation sector.
To create awareness about the labour laws applicable to plantation sector and help to understand main issues relevant to the sector while enabling them to respond to challenges faced when dealing with plantation management.
Main Topics Covered
- Introduction to the law, legal system and labour laws of Sri Lanka
- Introduction to the Legal Framework Governing Industrial Relations in Sri lanka
- Labour Laws for better Industrial Relations in Plantation Sector
- Specific Labour Laws through Case Studies
(All Four Sessions will be conducted with practical exercises, group discussions and icebreakers.)
- Dr. N. Sampath Punchihewa, (Senior Lecturer in Law, Faculty of Law and Attonery-at- Law)
- Mr. A. Sarvesvaran (Labour Law Expert, Attonery-at- Law and Senior Lecturer, University of Colombo)
- Mr. Lakshman Premasiri (Attonery-at- Law and Head Of the Legal, DSI Samson Groups)